Released as a Republic Day treat last year, Anushka’s horror thriller, Bhaagamathie went on to become a huge blockbuster. The film’s Hindi remake has been in the news for the last few months.
This afternoon, Bhaagamathie’s Hindi remake, titled Durgavati, has been announced officially. Critically acclaimed Bollywood actress Bhumi Pednekar will reprise Anushka’s role in the hindi version. On the other hand, Ashok, who had directed Bhaagamathie, will also helm its Hindi remake. Bollywood star Akshay Kumar will be presenting the movie.
Viacom18 will bankroll the project, which will go on floors in mid January. Tips’ Bhushan Kumar will co-present the movie.
I have waited so long to share this one with you. So excited to announce my next film #DURGAVATI. A scary-thriller going on floor mid-January. Thank you @akshaykumar sir for your constant belief in me. I am so excited for this one @itsBhushanKumar @vikramix. pic.twitter.com/SwPCXVti8z
— bhumi pednekar (@bhumipednekar) November 30, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi gives an update on Jr NTR’s health
- Pushpa’s teaser sets another milestone
- Allu Arjun meets family after 15 days quarantine, shares video
- Allu Arjun recovers from Covid, tests negative
- Crazy director approaches Uppena fame Kriti Shetty?
- Latest- RRR’s new poster loading