Senior hero Venkatesh made his OTT debut Netflix’s much-talked-about crime drama, Rana Naidu. The show was extra special because Venky had shared screen space with his nephew Rana Daggubati for the first time. However, fans and audiences had given the show a collective thumbs down due to excessive sleaze and expletives apart from the lackluster script.
Now, during Ahimsa’s promotional event earlier today, Venky opened up about the severe backlash Rana Naidu had received upon its release. He said that there was a lot of feedback from fans, but Netflix is quite happy about the show.
“I always believe that you should not dwell on the past and you have to move on. Next time when you do the next season, you have to do it in such a way that everybody’s going to like it. But you are not going to please everybody all the time. So I’m going to please maybe a little more audience. Some people will get affected with the style of the series. But I think we should just move on and see what we can do best next,” Venky added.
Rana Naidu was scripted and created by Suparn Verma and Karan Anshuman, the directors behind Amazon Prime Video’s acclaimed gangster drama, Mirzapur. The show also featured Surveen Chawla and Suchitra Pillai in key roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Sapta Sagaralu Dhaati – Side A – Slow but Passable
- Review : Matti Katha – Has its moments
- Review : Ashtadigbandhanam – Only for few thrills
- Vassishta – Chiranjeevi Garu will be seen in a mature role in Mega157
- Lack of releases gives Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty a solid advantage
- Bigg Boss 7 Telugu-Sympathy factor growing for Prince Yawar