Before the release of India’s biggest blockbuster Baahubali The Conclusion in Pakistan, there were apprehensions about the film getting clearance from the Pakistan Censor Board due to the depiction of Hindu mythology and religious references.
But Baahubali 2 got an “all clear” status from the Pakistan Censor Board and released in over 100 screens across the neighboring country. According to the latest trade updates, the film’s Hindi version has collected over 4.50 crore Pakistani rupees until yesterday and is poised to collect close to 6 crore in its full run.
Usually, only Khans’ movies get a wide release and find audience’s patronage in Pakistan, but the response for Baahubali 2 has opened doors for content-driven Indian cinema.
- BAN to release in some unknown locations
- Interesting buzz on Sharwanand’s next
- Varun Tej’s prestigious film launched in style
- Vishnu Manchu writes to MAA, Demands overhaul
- Please don’t belittle Telugu film industry: Allu Aravind