Film star and Hindupur MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna also acts as the Managing Trustee and Chairman of the Basavatharakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute. The hospital, which was inaugurated in 2000, was founded in the memory of Balayya’s late mother Basavatharakam, and treated thousands of cancer patients from across the country.
This morning, Balayya took part in the flag hoisting ceremony at the hospital. Addressing the staff, Balayya said that the cancer hospital was built as it was his mother’s wish. Balayya further said that Basavatharakam Hospital is one of the best in the country and that it has been penetrating into interior villages to reach out to more people. Balayya also paid tributes to the great leaders and martyrs who sacrificed their lives for Independence.
- It’s Official : Date locked for Kaala’s teaser
- Ga Gha Megha : Yet another breezy number from Thaman
- Mehbooba wraps up shooting formalities
- Tholi Prema strikes $1M, Back-to-back feat by Varun Tej
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp