South India’s most successful director, Shankar has teamed up with versatile actor Vikram for his next magnum opus ‘Ai’, which will be released in Telugu as ‘Manoharudu’. British model Amy Jackson features as the female lead in this film which is produced by Aascar Ravichandran. The film’s trailer was launched on Sunday at a grand event in Chennai. Speaking at the press conference, Aascar Ravichandran has mentioned some interesting points about this film. Here are few of them
- ‘Ai’ is the most expensive film in south Indian history.
- Vikram worked really hard for this film. Usually he weighs 70 kgsm but for a character in this film, he beefed up to 130 kilos. For this role, it took 12 hours for the makeup.
- The total shooting span for this film is 2 years and 8 months. One of the fights which was shot in China and is the major highlights of the film.
- AR Rahman composed audio will be released on September 15 and Hollywood superstars Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be the chief guests. AR Rahman has sung a song for this film.
- This film will see a massive release in 20,000 theaters. Interestingly, only in China, this film is slated to release in 15,000 theaters.