Basking in the stupendous success of his latest release Srimanthudu, Ramajogayya Sastry, one of the leading Telugu lyricists, laments that Telugu lyricists are still not getting their due recognition in the Telugu film industry. In his latest interview to a popular news portal, the senior lyricist said “it is the content of a song that is paramount.”
Expressing his dissent over FM radio stations and TV music channels often missing out on mentioning the lyricists, Ramajogayya Sastry says there is still a “wide gap to be filled up.” The lyricist also requested music lovers to “research and acknowledge” lyricists’ efforts in giving them meaningful songs.
Interestingly, Ramajogayya Sastry recently stated that the producers of Srimanthudu surprised him with extra remuneration for his efforts in the success of the film’s audio album.
- Case filed on ‘fake’ Pawan Kalyan fans
- Poll : What did you like the most in Katamarayudu?
- Katamarayudu impresses in Godavari region
- Katamarayudu opens to huge numbers in Nizam
- Mani Ratnam’s Cheliyaa completes censor
Articles that might interest you