Popular for his comic oneliners and powerful punch dialogues in movies like Seema Sastry, Pilla Nuvvu Leni Jeevitham, Eedo Rakam Aado Rakam and Bhai, writer ‘Diamond’ Ratna Babu expressed his concern over the lack of respect and due credit for writers in Tollywood.
Ratna Babu, who is awaiting the release of his next movie, Allari Naresh’s Intlo Deyyam Nakem Bhayam, said in a recent interview that if director is the captain of a ship, writer is like a navigator, but a majority of the credit is given to the directors while writers are grossly neglected.
The distraught writer went on to say that everybody knows the name of Baahubali’s director, but how many of them know the name of the film’s dialogue writer? Ratna Babu, who is turning director very soon, concluded his interview with the slogan “Save writers Save Cinema”.
- Yet another first from Team Baahubali
- Mister’s new single to be out tomorrow
- Film Employees Federation’s tough stance on Mumbai actresses
- Film stars protest for farmers in Delhi
- Venkatesh wants to emulate Amitabh Bachchan
Articles that might interest you