There has been a long, unending cold war between a section of Telugu film producers and film critics. In the past, several producers openly opposed publishing reviews saying that the reviews are affecting their films’ collections. According to the latest reports, the Telugu Film Producer’s Council is all set to approach the Telugu film critics and media houses and request them to stop publishing film reviews.
On the contrary, certain production houses maintain that film reviews hardly affect the collections in the Telugu states. However, the impact can often be felt in the overseas market where the audiences prefer to read the reviews before spending a minimum of $10 on their tickets.
Recently, popular director Trivikram Srinivas said that negative reviews are causing confusion among the fans and showcased his displeasure over film reviews. It will now be interesting to see how the critics will respond to the Producer’s Council’s request.
- Baahubali is the best Indian film made till date: Karan Johar
- Rakul Preet gifts herself an expensive SUV
- Prabhas had his fans in splits at Mahanubhavudu’s event
- Bollywood superstar behind Sachin’s daughter’s acting debut?
- Mahesh’s whirlwind promotions creating a huge buzz for Spyder
Articles that might interest you