There has been a long, unending cold war between a section of Telugu film producers and film critics. In the past, several producers openly opposed publishing reviews saying that the reviews are affecting their films’ collections. According to the latest reports, the Telugu Film Producer’s Council is all set to approach the Telugu film critics and media houses and request them to stop publishing film reviews.
On the contrary, certain production houses maintain that film reviews hardly affect the collections in the Telugu states. However, the impact can often be felt in the overseas market where the audiences prefer to read the reviews before spending a minimum of $10 on their tickets.
Recently, popular director Trivikram Srinivas said that negative reviews are causing confusion among the fans and showcased his displeasure over film reviews. It will now be interesting to see how the critics will respond to the Producer’s Council’s request.
- Mahesh to get his statue at Madame Tussauds’ Wax Museum
- Boyapati Srinu shoots crucial interval sequence on Charan
- Sumanth’s interesting role in his silver jubilee film
- Prabhas to take a small break from Saaho’s shoot
- Vijay Devarakonda leaves everyone in shock