Any film carrying a stamp of S S Rajamouli is bound to have huge expectations, thanks to his brand value which shot through the roof over the past few years. However, the buzz surrounding his upcoming film Eega seems to have caught him off-guard. When he announced the details of the film last year, he reportedly presumed that Eega will be the ‘least expected’ among all his films since the story revolved around a fly and not an established hero. However, a fake trailer of the film, which was neatly edited by a fan, got more than 1,50,000 hits which shocked the director.
Maybe he underestimated the buzz about this fantasy film which promises to be a visual extravaganza. Nani, Samantha and Sudeep have played the lead roles in the film. Sai Korrapati is producing it and MM Keeravani is composing the music. The film’s climax is currently being shot and it’ll be simultaneously released in Telugu and Tamil in the last week of March.
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp
- Na Nuvve gets a release date?
- Big surprise: Rajinikanth’s next with acclaimed filmmaker
- Film industry’s strike over digital service providers takes an ugly turn
- Vijay Deverakonda’s next locks its release date