Exactly a week ago, the Telangana government had issued a GO, allowing theaters to increase the rates of movie tickets. The GO was in connection with the GST that will come into effect from midnight today.
But in a minor relief to movie lovers, producers and distributors, the Telangana government today withdrew the GO temporarily. The latest decision was reportedly taken considering the unanimous backlash from all quarters against the price hike.
The GO file is under scrutiny by the CM KCR and he will take a final call after consulting various experts.
- Fidaa’s impressive show in Nizam continues
- Interview : Catherine Tresa – I always like playing arrogant roles
- Young director’s next with a star hero
- Vijay Devarakonda’s Arjun Reddy To Release Soon
- High court votes in favour of Charmi
Articles that might interest you