Legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam expressed a deep concern about the declining standards in Telugu films. Stating that Telugu film industry has become totally ‘commercial’, Balu also said that literary values in today’s film songs are alarmingly low.
Talking about the gen-next singers who are singing Telugu songs with poor diction, Balu said that filmmakers and audiences these days are no longer bothered about the language and continue to celebrate mediocrity.
Questioning the sad state of affairs in Telugu Cinema, Balu said that a highly revered director like K Viswanath is out of work and a classic film like Mithunam is struggling to get theaters. Balu also said that he had stopped watching Telugu films from the last couple of years.
- Ram Impressed With Sree Vishnu’s Next
- Taapsee Proves Why Trolls Can’t Mess With Her
- Dasari Arun Kumar’s negative role in Sye Raa
- Rajamouli-NTR-Ram Charan To Team Up Soon?
- Star heroine ready to experiment