Released last year, the Salman Khan-starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan stormed the worldwide box-office and grossed nearly 630 crores, becoming the country’s second biggest hit after Aamir Khan’s PK. Telugu film industry’s senior writer V Vijayendra Prasad penned the main story for the film, which brought him nationwide acclaim.
Now, at the 61st Filmfare Awards ceremony that concluded last night, the ‘black lady’ for Best Story was awarded to Vijayendra Prasad for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The jury was all praise for Vijayendra Prasad ‘s sensitive and a hearttouching description of a mute Pakistani girl’s ordeals in going back to her homeland after she mistakenly trespasses into India.
Vijayendra Prasad is currently awaiting the release of his directorial project Valli, a sci-fi drama.
- Star music director roped in for NTR’s biopic
- Allari Naresh signs his next
- Raju Gari Gadhi2’s latest Nizam collections
- Interview : Kishore Tirumala – Anupama will be the highlight of Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi
- Poll : Which of these films entertained you the most?