Released last year, the Salman Khan-starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan stormed the worldwide box-office and grossed nearly 630 crores, becoming the country’s second biggest hit after Aamir Khan’s PK. Telugu film industry’s senior writer V Vijayendra Prasad penned the main story for the film, which brought him nationwide acclaim.
Now, at the 61st Filmfare Awards ceremony that concluded last night, the ‘black lady’ for Best Story was awarded to Vijayendra Prasad for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The jury was all praise for Vijayendra Prasad ‘s sensitive and a hearttouching description of a mute Pakistani girl’s ordeals in going back to her homeland after she mistakenly trespasses into India.
Vijayendra Prasad is currently awaiting the release of his directorial project Valli, a sci-fi drama.
- RC11 unit thrilled with first schedule rushes
- Pawan Kalyan inspired Baahubali’s interval scene
- Baahubali 2 Is India’s ‘Star Wars’
- Karan Johar tweets Baahubali’s day 1 collections
- MM Keeravani Thanks Gunasekhar For His Sweet Gesture
Articles that might interest you