Released last year, the Salman Khan-starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan stormed the worldwide box-office and grossed nearly 630 crores, becoming the country’s second biggest hit after Aamir Khan’s PK. Telugu film industry’s senior writer V Vijayendra Prasad penned the main story for the film, which brought him nationwide acclaim.
Now, at the 61st Filmfare Awards ceremony that concluded last night, the ‘black lady’ for Best Story was awarded to Vijayendra Prasad for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The jury was all praise for Vijayendra Prasad ‘s sensitive and a hearttouching description of a mute Pakistani girl’s ordeals in going back to her homeland after she mistakenly trespasses into India.
Vijayendra Prasad is currently awaiting the release of his directorial project Valli, a sci-fi drama.
- Virat-Anushka tie the knot in Italy
- Talented lady comedian gets serious
- Rangasthalam makers approach Cyber Crime Police against piracy
- MCA’s pre-release event gets a date
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Popular Hero of 2017