Producers and trade circles across the country are yet to come to terms with the severe dent in the revenues with the implementation of the GST. Adding to the woes, the Tamil Nadu government has freshly imposed an additional State Entertainment Tax which will come into effect in a few days.
The Chennai municipal corporation has already begun sending circulars to the multiplexes and single screens in the city. The new diktat results in an additional 10% hike for Tamil movies and 20% for non-Tamil movies. With this, the new ticket rates will be revised to Rs.165 and Rs.177 for Tamil and non-Tamil movies respectively.
- Rajinikanth to watch Bharat Ane Nenu?
- Vijay Devarakonda Talks About Arjun Reddy Sequel
- After Arjun Reddy, Arjun Kapoor to remake another cult South hit
- Mahesh’s landmark film to take off without Mahesh
- Bharat Ane Nenu collects huge in UAE & Australia