Of late, the buzz surrounding the coming together of Superstar Rajinikant and director Shankar, two of Tamil cinema’s biggest icons, has intensified. The duo teamed up for the first time for ‘Shivaji’. The film went on to become a smash hit and reaped in huge profits for the producers. The superhit combination worked successfully once again for the blockbuster visual effects wonder ‘Robo’. The film created a sensation at the box office and stood as an all-time highest grosser among south films.
Certain sections of Tamil media have been reporting that the actor-director duo will join hands for a high budget entertainer and that an official announcement will be out on 14th February. Though the news has not been confirmed by the official sources, fans of both the stars are already overjoyed with the possibility of a sequel to Robo.
Rajinikant gave a disappointing film with ‘Lingaa’, while Shankar’s much awaited ‘I’ was released to average response at the box office. Lets see if they can work their magic once again if they join forces.
- Super Star Rajini salutes God’s own child, Rajamouli
- Veteran politician reveals who’s the real Baahubali of India
- Star actor’s house mobbed by protestors
- To mothers at home and Jawaans at the border: Pawan’s May Day greetings
- Kamal aspires to remake Vinod Khanna’s cult hit
Articles that might interest you