Actress turned filmmaker Manjula Ghattamaneni’s directorial debut film, Manasuku Nachindi, is scheduled for February 16th release. On this occasion, we had a brief interview with this film’s leading lady Amyra Dastur. Here is the transcript.
Q)Tell us about yourself?
A) I come from a very large family. We stay in South Mumbai. After pursuing my B.Com, I tried my luck in modeling and entered into films.
Q)You are debuting in Tollywood with Manasuku Nachindi. Tell us about it?
A) I’m very happy to debut with Manasuku Nachindi and I hope the film brings me good recognition.
Q)How did you get this opportunity?
A) A year ago, Manjula had approached me for Tridha’s role, but somehow it didn’t work out that time. A few months later, she again approached me with Nitya’s role. I liked the script immensely and said yes to the film.
Q) What is Manasuku Nachindi all about?
A) It’s a sweet and new-age love story with fresh narration. The film deals with ‘following your heart’ concept. I’m sure that audience will love the film.
Q) Tell us about your character in the film?
A) I’m playing as a Yoga teacher in the film. She is a typical middle-class Telugu girl and has her own aspirations in life. As of now, I can only reveal that much (Laughs).
Q) Tell us about your co-star Sundeep Kishan?
A) Sundeep is a very cool and fun loving guy. We had a very good time during the shoot and he used to help me a lot with the dialogues.
Q) Your next projects?
A) Apart from Manasuku Nachindi, I’m doing a film with Raj Tarun, which is expected to hit the screens in Summer.
- Interview : Ram Charan- Rajamouli has a huge responsibility to satisfy the fans
- Interview : Balakrishna – I enjoyed portraying my father’s role
- Interview : Kiara Advani- Working in Tollywood has been a dream come true
- Exclusive Interview : Anil Srikantham- Sumanth’s negative approach will be a highlight of Idam Jagat
- Interview- Hanu Raghavapudi- I wrote this script keeping Sharwa’s image in mind