Nagarjuna’s Bangarraju is up for release on January 14, 2022. On the occasion, we met with the music director, Anup Rubens for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
Work experience with Nagarjuna?
Nagarjuna sir gives a friendly atmosphere, space and freedom to his music directors to get the best outfit. My rapport with him made me put extra effort into Bagarraju’s music and give my best.
Is it tough to score music for a sequel?
Definitely. Soggade Chinni Nayana is a musical blockbuster. I put extra effort to give better music for Bangarraju as there is a lot of pressure because of the prequel. Kalyan and I worked on the aspects to bring out the best music as Nagarjuna always reminded us to give the best album.
How do you make Nagarjuna sing?
I got the idea when we were working for Soggade Chinni Nayana. I made him sing a small portion in that film. Now, a situation was created in Bangarraju and he sang again.
Tell us about the music of Bangarraju?
As Bangarraju is a colourful movie that happens in a village, I composed the music and the background score that matches the nativity. Besides, all the songs are gaining good responses from audiences.
Work pressure before the release?
The re-recording sessions are over. Generally, big movies take more time than usual to finish editing, dubbing and other technical works. In the case of Bangarraju, we all worked more hours to complete them in fewer days. We completed everything in 20 days. Besides, we didn’t compromise in terms of quality.
Tell us about director Kalyan Krishna?
Kalyan Krishna is more experienced and mature than before. A few dialogues written by him are heart-touching. He has more clarity and planning in the case of Bangarraju. He handled the movie very well.
My upcoming movie, Sekhar is up for release and will soon work with Vikram K Kumar soon. More projects details will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Virat Karrna – Srikanth Addala Garu brought out the best in me for Peddha Kapu
- Interview :Miryala Ravinder Reddy – What Vetrimaaran is to Tamil Cinema, Srikanth Addala is for Telugu cinema
- Interview: Rakshit Shetty – Sapta Sagaralu Dhaati is a poetic love story
- Interview : Venu Thottempudi -Athidhi is a family entertainer
- Interview : Mahesh Babu P – Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty will be entertaining as well as emotional
- Exclusive Interview : Anushka Shetty – Miss Shetty Mr. Polishetty is very close to my heart