Gamanam is all set to release in theaters on 10th December 2021. On this occasion, we met with the lead actress Shriya Saran for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
Tell us about Gamanam
Gamanam is a collection of 3 inspirational stories which happen simultaneously. Everyone faces a crucial phase in their lives and how they overcome the situation is the basic theme of Gamanam.
Tell us about your role
I play Kamala who is a hearing-impaired woman. She is the one who believes in the existence of supernatural powers. To play this role with perfection, I also attended a few classes.
Your experience with the director
After listening to the story, I cried a lot and immediately decided to do this film. I have already worked with female directors in other industries. But, in Telugu, Sujana Rao is the first female director I have ever worked with. I felt so comfortable while working with her. She is very good and I also used to share personal problems with her on and off the sets.
Details about RRR
It’s not the right time to talk about RRR and my role in the flick. After a long time, I got an opportunity to work with SS Rajamouli garu.
Life after pregnancy
My world has changed a lot after pregnancy. Wherever we go, my husband and I are taking our baby. Currently, I am learning Kathak and doing workouts to be physically fit and healthy.
My perception towards cinema has changed after my baby entered my life. My family and daughter should feel proud of my movies. I wanted to do challenging roles. As the legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao garu said, I also wanted to do films till my last breath.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Rukshar Dhillon – My role in Ashoka Vanam Lo Arjuna Kalyanam will be quite endearing
- Interview : Nagarjuna – Chay will grab all the limelight for Bangarraju
- Interview : Ashish Reddy-Dil Raju – Rowdy Boys is a full on entertainer
- Interview : Chay Akkineni – Bangarraju will be a blockbuster hit
- Interview : Nidhhi Agerwal – Hero is both commercial and offbeat movie
- Interview : Krithi Shetty – Nag sir and Chay are perfect gentlemen