The trailers of Krishna Gadi Veera Prema Gadha have created a good buzz off late. The film is up for release next week and on this occasion, we caught up with the lead actress Mehreen for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
Q) How did you bag this offer ?
I have acted in nearly 35 commercials till date. After looking at my pictures, the director of the film, Hanu called me for an audition. It went on for two days where I enacted some scenes from the film. Impressed with them, Hanu signed me on for this project.
Q) Tell us about your character ?
I play the role of Mahalaxmi who hails from Rayalaseema. The movie is set over a period of 15 years and has been showcased in a very interesting way.
Q) How was it working with Nani ?
As everyone knows him as Natural star here, I too felt the same when I was working with him. He knows his art well and always gives his best for the film.
Q) How did you prepare for your role ?
We did a lot of preparation right from my dialogues along with my director. I actually started dressing up like Mahalaxmi and even selected my own costumes for the film.
Q) What is the film all about ?
Krishna Gadi Veera Prema Gadha is a love story which has all the necessary commercial elements. How a scared youth played by Nani, goes against all odds to win his love is the whole story of the film.
Q) Will you ever do glamorous roles ?
Yes ! why not. I would love to do all kinds of roles and prove myself with every film.
Q) What are your future projects ?
I have a couple of offers in hand and they are currently in the discussion stages.
- Interview : Ram Charan- Rajamouli has a huge responsibility to satisfy the fans
- Interview : Balakrishna – I enjoyed portraying my father’s role
- Interview : Kiara Advani- Working in Tollywood has been a dream come true
- Exclusive Interview : Anil Srikantham- Sumanth’s negative approach will be a highlight of Idam Jagat
- Interview- Hanu Raghavapudi- I wrote this script keeping Sharwa’s image in mind