Ramana Teja is a debutante director who is ready to try his luck with Ashwathama. On this occasion, we caught p with him for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
About your background?
I am Madanapalle, Chittoor district. I did my schooling in my native place and went to the US for my masters. As I was very much inclined towards films, I even did a course in screenwriting which helped me enter the industry.
Why didn’t you write the story yourself for this film?
I am not good at writing scripts. Naga Shourya has been writing this script for the past two years. My duty as a director starts once the story is done. The moment we started working on this project, I knew that we have a winner on hands as the subject and content is quite strong.
The motto behind selecting such a subject?
There have been so many atrocities being done on women these days and our film highlights those aspects. We also have given a good solution to such problems which the women are facing these days. This problem is common to everyone and has the right emotions.
Whom do you take as an inspiration in Telugu?
I love serious drama and have been a huge fan of Krish and his work. For my future projects as well, the drama in the film is going to be quite strong and will connect with the audience completely.
Working with Naga Shourya?
I was just 25 when we started this film. Shourya has been like an elder brother who guided me through the film. If not for him, I could not have made such a big and thrilling project on my own.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Sampath Nandi – Audience has blessed us with a super hit
- Interview : Nani – Tuck Jagadish is an authentic Telugu movie
- Interview : Ritu Varma – I want to do multiple films with Nani
- Interview : Gopichand – Seetimaarr is a mix of emotions and mass elements
- Interview : Shiva Nirvana – Tuck Jagadish’ emotions will move you
- Exclusive Interview : Ananda Chakrapani – Mohan Babu sir’s call made my day