Intelligent director Sukumar, who turned as a producer with Kumar 21F has produced yet another movie Called Darshakudu which is scheduled for August 4th release. On this occasion, we caught up with him for a brief interview.
Q) Are you happy with Darshakudu’s output?
A) Yes! I’m super happy with the film’s output and am confident that the audience will love it for sure.
Q) Will the film have your touch in it?
A) No! This is not my kind of a film and may be that’s the main reason I liked it a lot and agreed to produce it.
Q) Hero Ashok said that he followed your footsteps while acting as a director. Is that true?
A) To be frank, I’m the only director whom Ashok has watched very closely. So, he would have taken my mannerisms as a referendum in his role.
Q) Initially you hesitated to finalize him as the hero. Why?
A) As a film freak since childhood, I decided to come into films and I’m here now. But in case of Ashok, I always wanted to see him as a well-educated person. So initially I said no but director Hari Prasad had confidence and somehow convinced me.
Q) Why did you choose a debutant hero for this film?
A) It’s completely director Hari Prasad’s decision. He wanted to go with a newcomer and I never objected it.
Q) Will you direct a film with him in the near future?
A) If he has the talent he will definitely withstand. This film’s result is crucial for his career but I haven’t promised him about making a film.
Q) In the trailer it says that direction is all about 20% creativity and 80% management. What is your personal opinion?
A) Everything will be in our hands at the script stage but once the film goes on sets any director should learn how to manage and work with artists. So for me, the direction is 80% effort and 20% creativity.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Sailesh Kolanu – I won’t do remakes from now
- Interview : Vishnu Vishal – Matti Kusthi isn’t a sports film but a love story
- Interview : Atluri Narayan Rao – Nachindi Girl Friendu shows that youth has goals, obligations, and passion for the country
- Interview : Uday Shankar – We discussed a social issue important to the nation’s security in Nachindi Girl Friendu
- Interview : Hari and Harish – Not just PAN Indian but even PAN world audiences will like Yashoda
- Interview : Samantha – I took training in Boxing and Kickboxing for Yashoda