The recently released Malayalam survival drama, 2018, scripted history by becoming an all-time industry hit within just 17 days of its release. The film is nearing the Rs 150 crore worldwide gross mark. On the other hand, 2018 is all set to surpass Baahubali 2’s lifetime gross in Kerala by today’s matinee shows to emerge as the second highest grossing Malayalam movie of all-time.
Until yesterday, 2018 collected a whopping gross of Rs 72 crore at the ticket counters across Kerala. While the film has set its eyes on Baahubali 2’s lifetime collection (Rs 73) record next, it will also trounce Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan’s (Rs 78.50 Cr) all time top Kerala grosser record by this weekend.
2018 chronicles the devastating 2018 Kerala floods and the incredible triumph of humanity in such adverse conditions. The film is directed by Jude Anthany Joseph and it has Tovino Thomas, Kunchacko Boban, Asif Ali, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Tanvi Ram, Aparna and Lal in crucial roles. Venu Kunnappilly, CK Padma Kumar and Anto Joseph produced the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Spider-Man : Across the Spider-Verse – Visually okay, but lacks substance
- Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu to produce a film with a whopping 100 crore budget
- Innovative promotions make Mem Famous a double blockbuster
- Allu Aravind announces an exciting lineup of Geetha Arts’ future projects
- Guntur Kaaram’s first glimpse creates an all-time record
- Nikhil 20 is titled Swayambhu; First look poster is out now
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food