For the past few days, there’s been a raging debate on the internet about AR Rahman’s recent concert in London, UK. In the middle of the concert, several people had reportedly walked out citing that Rahman was playing too many Tamil songs and that they were misled to believe that it was going to be a Hindi songs-only concert.
While Rahman humungous support from his fans all over the world, everyone has been waiting to hear what Rahman had to say about the controversy. Responding to the incident, AR Rahman, who’s in New York for IIFA, said, “We try our best. We try to be honest. I love the way how people have supported for all these years without them I’m nothing. I’m grateful to all of them.”
The debate over language has divided the internet, with several AR Rahman’s fans questioning the logic behind the walkouts. Recently, singer Chinmayi argued that when Rahman won Oscars everyone celebrated and said he was an Indian; however, when he sang few Tamil songs, then how come people have a problem with it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ala Avikunthapuramlo continues its steady run in the US
- Comedian Sunil falls ill-Thanks the audience for wishes
- Makers of Nishabdam silent- Is the film releasing?
- Poll : Which of these romantic dramas will be a bigger hit?
- Ashwathama trailer- Gripping and Raises Curiosity
- Vaishnav Tej’s Uppena locks its release date