The union government announced the coveted Padma awards to several eminent personalities in various fields yesterday on the eve of India’s 72nd Republic Day. It’s been already reported that legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam has been chosen for Padma Vibhushan (posthumous), the country’s second highest civilian award.
Also, acclaimed playback singer KS Chitra has been chosen for Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award. In her 4 and a half decades-long career, Chitra has recorded over 25,000 songs in all the major Indian languages and foreign languages such as Sinhalese, Malay, French, English and Latin. She is a 6-time National Award and 8-time Filmfare Award winner. She was honoured with Padma Shri in 2005.
On the other hand, popular playback singer and Carnatic vocalist Bombay Jayashri has been chosen for the Padma Shri award. Bombay Jayashri is well known for her super hit songs like Sasivadane (Iddaru), Manohara (Cheli), Hrudayam Ekkadunnadi (Ghajini) and O Kalala Kathala (Dear Comrade). Her song ‘Pi’s Lullaby’ from the Hollywood film ‘Life of Pi’ was nominated for the prestigious Oscar Award in Best Song category.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Karthikeya 2 – Enjoyable adventure drama
- Shershaah pair to team up soon again?
- Date & Time locked for the massive Salaar update
- Sree Vishnu’s Alluri gets a release date
- Nithiin’s Macherla Niyojakavargam day 1 collections are here
- RRR gets nominated in this prestigious American awards