A couple of weeks back, we had revealed that popular OTT platform Netflix has bagged the streaming rights of ace filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming film, Gangubai Kathiawadi. Starring Alia Bhatt in the lead role, reports also came out that the streaming rights are sold for a whopping of ₹100 crores.
Now, the fresh update from Bollywood media is that Netflix has only bagged the film’s post-theatrical release rights. News is also that the digital platform has acquired rights by paying ₹70 crores.
If the news is to be believed, considering the theatrical release of Gangubai Kathiawadi, Netflix paying the fat pay cheque of ₹70 crores is also a good deal for the makers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas effect – Jathi Rathnalu garners solid craze
- I’ll reduce my expenses if I don’t have work, says talented actor
- Shruti Haasan all praise for Prabhas
- Thaman now sets his eyes on top Tamil stars
- Vijay Deverakonda is now the first South hero to pull off this feat on Instagram
- Nandini Reddy to announce her next film soon