Released in 1991, Mani Ratnam’s emotional crime drama, Thalapathi, starring the stalwarts of South Indian cinema Rajinikanth and Mammootty, went on to become a huge hit. In the movie, legendary playback singers Yesudas and SP Balasubramaniam sang the super hit number ‘Singarala Pairullona’.
Now, after more than 26 years, both the veteran singers recorded a song together for an upcoming Tamil-Malayalam bilingual titled Keni (Kinaru in Malayalam). The film has actresses like Jayaprada, Revathi, Anu Haasan etc. Keni/Kinaru is directed by MA Nishad and the music is composed by Jeyachandran.
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)