Released in 1991, Mani Ratnam’s emotional crime drama, Thalapathi, starring the stalwarts of South Indian cinema Rajinikanth and Mammootty, went on to become a huge hit. In the movie, legendary playback singers Yesudas and SP Balasubramaniam sang the super hit number ‘Singarala Pairullona’.
Now, after more than 26 years, both the veteran singers recorded a song together for an upcoming Tamil-Malayalam bilingual titled Keni (Kinaru in Malayalam). The film has actresses like Jayaprada, Revathi, Anu Haasan etc. Keni/Kinaru is directed by MA Nishad and the music is composed by Jeyachandran.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Gunjan Saxena -Hindi film on Netflix
- Star heroine’s biopic on Indira Gandhi postponed
- Poll : Which of these actors is not utilizing his talent properly?
- Throwback picture: Venky and Mahesh on Bharat Ane Nenu set
- Rajamouli reveals the good news
- Bollywood couple Saif-Kareena expecting second child