Released in 1991, Mani Ratnam’s emotional crime drama, Thalapathi, starring the stalwarts of South Indian cinema Rajinikanth and Mammootty, went on to become a huge hit. In the movie, legendary playback singers Yesudas and SP Balasubramaniam sang the super hit number ‘Singarala Pairullona’.
Now, after more than 26 years, both the veteran singers recorded a song together for an upcoming Tamil-Malayalam bilingual titled Keni (Kinaru in Malayalam). The film has actresses like Jayaprada, Revathi, Anu Haasan etc. Keni/Kinaru is directed by MA Nishad and the music is composed by Jeyachandran.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shahid reveals why he okayed Jersey remake in the first place
- Here are the concept and backdrop of Vinayak’s Seenayya
- Thalaivar168 to go on floors without Rajinikanth?
- Venky Mama’s advance booking starts on a positive note
- Samantha joins Venky Mama promotions
- NTR lands in Vizag, Rajamouli plans special scenes for RRR