It looks like Bollywood’s Khan duo Aamir Khan and Salman Khan have found a new territory to expand their box-office potential, the People’s Republic of China. Already, Aamir Khan won the love of Chinese audiences with his movies, Dangal and Secret Superstar.
Now, it’s Salman Khan’s turn to win the hearts of the Chinese movie lovers. The actor’s 2015 blockbuster film, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, titled Little Lolita Money God Uncle when translated in Chinese, released across China on Friday and collected a cool $2.20 million, standing next only to Secret Superstar ($6.74M) and Dangal ($2.49M) opening day collections.
On Saturday, Bajrangi Bhaijaan collected over $3 million and took its 2-day China total to $5.72M (Rs 37.1 Crore). With this, the film’s latest worldwide gross totals to Rs 639 Crore. The word of mouth and critics reviews for Bajrangi Bhaijaan have been highly positive and the film is expected to post some humongous numbers in the coming days.
Kabir Khan had directed Bajrangi Bhaijaan that starred Kareena Kapoor and Harshali Malhotra in key roles. The film’s script was penned by V Vijayendra Prasad.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nithiin’s Andhadhun remake gets a launch date
- Bond25 ‘No Time To Die’ to give a tough competition to Sri Rama Navami releases
- Tamil hero Vishnu Vishal’s charming look from Aranya out now
- Aditi Rao Hydari defends Samantha, but keeps mum about Maha Samudram
- Chiru’s leaked look causes a concern to Chiru152 makers
- Poll : Which genre films should Vijay Deverakonda do?