Versatile artiste Prakash Raj had won his first National award for Best Supporting Actor in Mani Ratnam’s acclaimed political drama, Iruvar (Iddaru in Telugu) in 1997. In the movie, Prakash Raj portrayed a character which was loosely based on former Tamil Nadu CM M Karunanidhi.
And if the latest buzz in Kollywood circles is anything to go by, Prakash Raj may don Karunanidhi’s role once again, but this time in Thalaivi, a film based on the DMK chief’s arch rival Jayalalithaa. Apparently, Thalaivi’s director AL Vijay and producer Vishnu Induri are said to be in talks with Prakash Raj for Karunanidhi’s role. An official announcement is awaited in this regard. Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut is reprising Jayalalithaa’s role in Thalaivi, which is being made as a Tamil-Hindi bilingual.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 4 – Backlash from housemates about partiality in the show
- Rajinikanth to finally announce his political party on this date
- Poll : Whose lineup of upcoming films are you impressed with?
- Ravi Teja off to this picturesque location for Krack’s final schedule
- Salaar: Prabhas to be at his meanest best
- Photo Moment: Niharika-Chaitanya’s pre-wedding celebrations begin in style