Akhil Akkineni not only surprised critics with his performance in Hello, but he also shocked his own father Nagarjuna by singing a song in the film. Titled as “Yevevo”, it was Akhil’s first attempt at singing in a film and the young actor credits music director for helping him learn the basics of singing a song for a movie.
Explaining more about how it all came together, Akhil said, “I started humming a lot in the past few years. Anup likes my voice and has been telling me I should sing. We spent over 100 hours in three months and he taught me the basics — breathing technique, voice control, moving from high to low pitch etc. I am nowhere close to a professional singer, but Anup gave me a crash course that helped me sound like one.”
The film, directed by Vikram Kumar, also had Kalyani Priyadarshan who made her acting debut.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Aame – Amala Paul’s brave act
- RGV off to watch iSmart Shankar on a bike
- iSmart Shankar all set to become Ram’s first 10 Cr film in Nizam
- RGV celebrates Ismart Shankar’s success with a kiss
- Charme’s prediction comes true
- Poll: Which aspect of Ismart Shankar did you like the most?