Bollywood star Akshay Kumar’s Kanchana remake, Laxmii, has set a massive new record on the Indian OTT scene. The film, which premiered on Disney Plus Hotstar on November 9, has beaten Sushant Singh Rajput’s swansong Dil Bechara to become the most watched Indian film on OTT in a single day.
Dil Bechara, upon its release on Disney Plus Hotstar in July, had clocked over 75 million views within 24 hours. Even though Laxmii’s statistics are not disclosed, the film has reportedly become the most watched Indian movie ever on any OTT platform.
Also starring Kiara Advani, Laxmii has been directed by choreographer turned director Lawrence. Interestingly, the film received a lackluster response from critics and audiences alike.
Articles that might interest you:
- Double treat for fans on Mahesh’s birthday?
- NTR’s Ramaraju for Bheem teaser for RRR sets a massive new record
- Top star’s film’s unit to get special permission to shoot amid night curfew
- Prakash Raj’s striking comments on Pawan Kalyan’s CM candidacy
- Two big speculations on Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata
- Suresh Babu puts an end to rumours on Drushyam 2