Ever since Ala Vaikuntapuramulo released, there has been an ongoing debate over how Pooja Hegde is portrayed in the opening sequence. A section of people even stated that by focusing too much on Pooja’s legs and thighs, the actress was objectified in the scene. However, both Allu Arjun and Trivikram Srinivas had a different take on how the scene unfolded on screen.
In a recent interview, when Allu Arjun was asked about their comments on this criticism, he stated, “I am quite surprised to hear this about that scene in particular. The film and the song, Samajavaragamana, were well received by women. Initially, the hero gets attracted to the heroine, and later, he says that he fell in love with her after looking into her eyes. It wasn’t our intention to objectify the actress.” Even Trivikram Srinivas clarified saying, “We didn’t have any hidden agenda to portray a heroine in a different way. We were very clear about what we wanted to convey through her, that you need to respect a woman’s boundaries and give her space. If we had any bad intentions, then I am sure people would have criticised us genuinely.”
Incidentally, even Pooja Hegde had earlier stated that she didn’t have any issues with how that scene was shot. “I find the obsession with navel a lot more strange than this. In fact, I never felt that my legs were being objectified in that scene,” she said, soon after the film’s release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hrithik Roshan surprises a dancer by donating him a big sum
- Anushka’s comeback can only save Nishabdham
- Latest update on Shah Rukh’s film with Atlee leaves fans excited
- Bigg Boss 4- Housemates targetting young contestant
- Film Trivia : Guess the actor who rejected four big Bollywood biggies?
- Chiranjeevi completes 42 years in TFI- Posts an emotional message