Allu Sirish, who was at Cannes Film Festival recently, seems to have resolved to convince Telugu filmmakers to take part in global forums like Cannes in near future. The actor took part in a panel discussion on regional cinema at Cannes, when several officials from I&B ministry complained that there is hardly any participation from Telugu film industry.
Elaborating on his plan of action, Allu Sirish said, “The fashion & glamour at Cannes overpowers the millions worth of biz deals signed there. Marathi, Malayali & Assamese films to had market screenings but none from the largest regional industry : Telugu. I&B Min officials complain that Tollywood fraternity isnt very participative. But I spoke to many people in our industry. They want to be present at these forums but clueless. From all my visits & interactions I’ll submit a report to our apex body : TFPC. Hope we have better representation at such forums henceforth.”
Meanwhile, Sirish is gearing up to join the team of KV Anand’s upcoming film which has Suriya and Mohanlal. The mega budget film will be shot in several cities across the world and Sirish will play a crucial role alongside Suriya.
Articles that might interest you:
- Contrasting shades in Nani’s role in V?
- A solid slap on my face: Prakash Raj concedes defeat with grace
- Despite defeat, Pawan vows to fight for the people till his last breath
- Elections 2019- Jayaprada loses badly
- Teja refuses to budge on Sita title controversy
- Respite for Balakrishna-Wins his seat