For the past few days, Amala Paul was in news for all the wrong reasons. According to several reports, the actress has been accused of evading a tax of Rs 20 lakhs after she registered a high-end Mercedes car in Puducherry, instead of doing it in Kerala. It was even reported that Lt Governor of Puducherry, Kiran Bedi had ordered an enquiry about this issue.
Responding to all these charges, Amala Paul finally issued a statement claiming that she didn’t break any rules. She also slammed the media for sensationalising the issue and stated that she’s an Indian and she has the right to buy a car or property in any part of the country.
Here’s Amala Paul’s statement about the tax evasion controversy:
— Nikkil (@onlynikil) November 2, 2017
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production kick-starts for Venky’s next
- Pokiri was an important point in my life: Vijay Deverakonda
- Vijay takes on all-India stars; Bigil trailer becomes the most liked
- KGF actress Srinidhi Shetty signs a biggie
- Nayanthara to team up with this star hero for the 5th time?
- Young heroine ready for glamor roles