Ever since the state bifurcation and the subsequent formation of the Andhra Pradesh government in 2014, there have been several discussions about the development of film industry in the state. In a latest bid to attract Tollywood filmmakers to shoot in the state, the Andhra Pradesh government is reportedly mulling offering various sops.
During a recent film event, Andhra Pradesh Film Development Corporation Chairman and senior producer Ambica Krishna revealed that the Andhra Pradesh government is considering the feasibility of offering tax exemption for movies that are entirely made in Andhra Pradesh within a budget of less than Rs 4 crores.
Ambica Krishna also requested Tollywood filmmakers to shoot at least one schedule of their movies in Andhra Pradesh to provide employment to the locals.
- Storyline locked for Mahesh-Rajamouli film?
- RRR shoot underway – Interesting details here
- Ex-boyfriend opens up about Akshara Haasan’s private pics leak
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition