Ever since Kangana Ranaut starrer Manikarnika, to be directed by Krish, was announced, the film has been hitting several roadblocks. First, Ketan Mehta, filmmaker, sent them a legal notice alleging that Kangana had hijacked his dream project. And now, the latest news is that another US-based producer is also making a film based on the same subject.
According to news reports, Swati Bhise, who was an executive producer of ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’, is going to produce the bio-pic on Jhansi Ki Rani. Her daughter, Indo-American actress, Devika Bhise, who played Ramanujan’s wife in The Man Who Knew infinity, will play the title role in the film.
Mahesh Manjrekar is going to direct the film and the entire film’s shoot is expected to be wrapped up by the end of the year. Given its budget and Swati Bhise’s rapport with the international community of distributors, the film is expected to have a wide release. Analysts say that it could affect Kangana-backed Manikarnika’s chances at the global box-office.
Articles that might interest you:
- Top Bollywood filmmaker heaps praises on Dhanush and Atlee
- Poll : Which of these stars should attempt a web series?
- Crazy Update on Mahesh-Parasuram film?
- Guess : Who is this star sister?
- Lockdown Review : Betaal – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Dawid Warner’s crazy dance for Mind Block goes viral