For the first time, star actor-director duo, Mahesh Babu and AR Murugadoss, had teamed up with each other in 2017, and the result was the Tamil-Telugu bilingual thriller, Spyder. However, much to the disappointment of fans of both the stars, the film had bombed big-time at the box-office.
Now, in a latest interview while promoting his Sankranthi release, Darbar, Murugadoss revealed how Mahesh had accepted Spyder’s failure in his stride. Murugadoss said that he was very disappointed with Spyder’s result and for not living up to Mahesh’s trust in him.
“Throughout the making, I knew that there was something wrong with the way the film was shaping up. However, I could not figure out the exact reason until the film’s release. Spyder’s disappointing outcome had let me down big-time. But Mahesh was gracious enough to instill confidence in me. He would call and text me for 10 days after Spyder’s release and would ask me not to take the failure to heart. In an industry where only success defines the friendship between an actor and a director, Mahesh is a class apart,” Murugadoss said. Needless to say, the star director’s revelation about the Tollywood Superstar has floored the latter’s fans.
Articles that might interest you:
- Actress-Singer was asked to go to Karan Johar’s parties to bag roles
- Latest update on SP Balasubramanyam’s funeral
- SPB’s death is a dark day for Indian cinema-Chiranjeevi
- SPB Departs: Devastated Tollywood mourns its beloved son’s loss
- Anushka Sharma slams senior cricketer for his cheap comments
- Poll : What was your biggest fear during this lockdown?