The highly-anticipated sequel to Kamal Haasan and Shankar’s 1996 blockbuster vigilante drama, Bharatheeyudu, went on floors last month. Kajal Aggarwal is the film’s leading lady and Lyca Productions is the production house that’s bankrolling this crazy sequel.
Interestingly, Shankar has roped in young composer Anirudh Ravichander instead of the prequel’s composer AR Rahman. In a latest interview, when asked about not being hired, Rahman revealed some interesting details.
Rahman revealed that Kamal Haasan had asked him several times to score the music for Bharatheeyudu 2. “Kamal kept asking me to compose for Indian 2. But, Shankar had to make the choice. Shankar is a person who wants to get inspired. Sometimes, when you work with the same person back-to-back you get bored. There is no challenge in that. You know you’d get a calibre of music when you go to the same person,” said Rahman.
Rahman also said that he was exhausted after working for Shankar’s previous magnum opus, 2.0. “Maybe Shankar thought he shouldn’t make me overwork. That could be one of the reasons why he had chosen Anirudh,” said the Oscar-winning composer.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT Review : Amala Paul’s Cadaver – Telugu film on Hotstar
- Despite star cast, Dhanush’s movie lacks buzz in Telugu
- Team Karthikeya kick off Delhi promotions
- These two heroes were the first choice for Sita Ramam?
- Salaar actor congratulates Karthikeya 2 team
- ZEE5’s Hello World clocks 5 crores streaming minutes