Academy Award winning music composer AR Rahman urged everyone to follow peace and religious harmony. Following the United Nations’ World Interfaith Harmony Week, Rahman took to his Twitter profile and tweeted ‘Say no to violence in the name of religion! Stand up for World Interfaith Harmony during 1st week of Feb’. His call for peace has been appreciated and promptly followed by millions of his fans who pledged their support to the cause.
Initiated by the United Nations in 2011, the World interfaith Harmony Week aims at creating awareness about communal harmony among the global citizens regardless of their faith. Apart from his musical assignments, Rahman always finds time for social causes and philanthropy.
Noticing the wizard’s charity work in the past, the United Nations had even appointed him as its brand ambassador for the Tuberculosis cause.
- Ram Charan lauds Mr. Majnu’s teaser
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals
- Taapsee’s epic reply to a netizen who asked her to marry him