The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic is aversely impacting Hollywood and has already resulted in the postponement of several high-profile films. James Cameron’s highly-anticipated sci-fi action drama, Avatar 2, is the latest film to be delayed indefinitely due to COVID-19.
Confirming the delay in the film’s release, James Cameron released an open letter via Avatar 2’s Twitter handle last night. He said that the unit was forced into an unexpected lengthy delay in starting the live action filming in New Zealand and also the virtual production work in Los Angeles.
Avatar 2, which was scheduled to be released on December 17, 2021, will now be released one year later, on December 16, 2022. The 3 sequels will also be delayed by a year. This means that the 5-part Avatar franchise will finally be completed by Christmas 2028.
A message from James Cameron.
Irayo, Na'vi Nation. Stay safe. 💙 pic.twitter.com/Uwi2J6xF4k
— Avatar (@officialavatar) July 23, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Official: Pawan Kalyan-Rana’s AK remake locks release date
- Ajith’s charming looks in Valimai’s first single poster thrills fans
- Second schedule of Nag-Praveen Sattaru film from this date
- Varun Tej’s heavy-duty workout for Ghani gives a major Monday motivation
- Interesting: Rajamouli didn’t shoot RRR’s Dosti song
- Viral – Allu Arjun wishes DSP on Pushpa’s crazy number