The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic is aversely impacting Hollywood and has already resulted in the postponement of several high-profile films. James Cameron’s highly-anticipated sci-fi action drama, Avatar 2, is the latest film to be delayed indefinitely due to COVID-19.
Confirming the delay in the film’s release, James Cameron released an open letter via Avatar 2’s Twitter handle last night. He said that the unit was forced into an unexpected lengthy delay in starting the live action filming in New Zealand and also the virtual production work in Los Angeles.
Avatar 2, which was scheduled to be released on December 17, 2021, will now be released one year later, on December 16, 2022. The 3 sequels will also be delayed by a year. This means that the 5-part Avatar franchise will finally be completed by Christmas 2028.
A message from James Cameron.
Irayo, Na'vi Nation. Stay safe. 💙 pic.twitter.com/Uwi2J6xF4k
— Avatar (@officialavatar) July 23, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting titles in consideration for Nithin-Chandrasekhar Yeleti film
- Vijayakanth safe but his wife turns positive for COVID 19
- Poll : Who according to you has the strongest batting line-up in IPL 2020?
- Anushka opens up on doing Sita’s role in Adipurush
- Interview : Anushka- Watching a film on the big screen is the best experience
- Rakul Preet maintains a strict silence on the drug scandal