Director Praveen Sattaru is a prominent name in Telugu Cinema for his offbeat films. Yesterday, the director’s last release, ‘Chandamama Kathalu’, won the prestigious National Award for Best Regional Film in Telugu in the 62nd National Film Awards.
Speaking to the media on this occasion, the director expressed happiness on winning the award and thanked his cast and crew for their contribution. Interestingly, Praveen also came down heavily on Telugu critics in his media interaction.
The director questioned the perspective and the basis of criticism followed by the critics while reviewing a film. He even questioned the worth and the standards of certain critics and also said that critics should give scope to the audience to decide what works for them while watching a film.
Released in April 2014, ‘Chandamama Kathalu’ ended up as a critical and commercial failure.
- Vikram Kumar to explore a new dimension with Nani24
- NTR Mahanayakudu’s grand premiere at AMB Cinemas
- Viswasam’s Telugu version gets a tentative release date
- Thriller for this comedy hero?
- Young Mega hero keen on Gully Boy remake?