Baahubali 2 crossed the Rs 1000 crore mark at the box-office and it has already been hailed as the biggest blockbuster of all time. It’s also the first Indian film to hit this mark. Now, trade analysts in North India are eagerly waiting to see if the film can surpass two specific records that have been long held by Aamir Khan.
At the moment, Aamir Khan’s Dangal and PK hold the records for the biggest hits of all time in India, if you take only the Hindi version of the film. Dangal had collected Rs 374 crores (nett), whereas PK made Rs 337 crores (nett). Currently, Baahubali 2 is close to entering the Rs 300 crores club in Hindi alone and it’s already among the top 5 all time blockbusters in Hindi.
A leading box-office trade website reported that on second Friday and Saturday, Baahubali 2 collected Rs 46.5 crores, which is a new record, and it looks like the film could even manage to cross the Rs 450-500 crores (nett) for the Hindi version alone, which is mind-boggling. Going by the way it has captivated audiences’ interest, it looks like these numbers are very much possible.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan reacts to rumors of clashes with Chiru
- Baahubali producers tight-lipped about their next feature film
- Vijay, Raashi turn Gautham and Yamini in WFL’s new poster
- Venky wants to see Chay in a film like this
- Ritu Varma bags a biggie in Tamil
- Venky Mama’s solid show in Australia