Earlier this year, we had reported that SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has become a huge hit in Japan and it even completed 100 days run in few theatres in Japan. In fact, Rajamouli and Shobu Yarlagadda visited the country recently to interact with the local fans, who were thrilled to see the duo witness their joy and adulation for the film.
Interestingly, the makers of Baahubali have now tied up with a Japanese company to launch a Manga comic book series inspired from Baahubali’s characters. Talking about the developments, Rajamouli said, “I was hugely inspired by comic books during my childhood and it played a big role in my movie making. Now, I am thrilled that Baahubali will be presented in a comic book format in Japan. It feels like my life has come a full circle.”
It is worth noting that over the past few weeks, Japanese fans of the film have been flooding the internet with their artwork of various characters from the film and it has become an instant hit with people back in India too.
- Anupama Parameswaran derives inspiration from heroes
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur