S S Rajamouli’s upcoming film Baahubali is going to set a new record in terms of visual effects in Indian cinema, as per the latest reports. The film stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka and Tamannaah in lead roles and Shobu Yarlagadda, Prasad Devineni are producing the film under Arka Mediaworks banner.
So far, Rajamouli’s previous film Eega boasted for nearly 2234 VFX shots, which is the highest till date in Telugu cinema. The latest news is that his upcoming magnum opus, Baahubali will have 4500-5000 VFX shots. Producer Shobu Yarlagadda has confirmed that nearly 90% of the film will have computer generated imagery and visual effects in some form or another. “Baahubali will be one of the most expensive films ever produced in India along with highest VFX budgets ever,” he said.
Buzz is that the VFX budget of the film alone is higher than the entire budget of Rajamouli’s previous films. M M Keervani is scoring the music of this bilingual film. Senthil is the cinematographer and Sabu Cyril is the production designer. The film is gearing up for release in 2015.
- RX 100 heroine’s moving Insta post on her missing brother
- Venkatesh looking for scripts like these Bollywood hits
- Shruti Haasan to perform at world renowned venue
- Popular character artiste making YS Jagan’s biopic?
- Nithiin’s next two films to be high on entertainment