G Ashok, the director of Anushka’s hit horror thriller, is all set to helm aa multicrore international project as his next project. The film, titled Komagata Maru 1914, will showcase the historic incident that happened in the British Raj in the year 1914.
Komagata Maru will be made with a huge budget and will feature both Indian and international artistes. This film will be bankrolled by Mehmood Ali of Pen N Camera production house in association with the Canadian Film Council. The film will go on floors in June and it will be shot across India, China, Hong Kong and Canada.
The Komagata Maru incident involved the Japanese steamship Komagata Maru on which a group of citizens of the British Raj attempted to emigrate to Canada in 1914 but were denied entry.
- Impressive day-one collections of Taxiwaala
- Pooja Hegde floors Bollywood crew with her dedication
- Nithya Menen to do a web series soon
- RRR eyeing solid pre-release business
- Star heroes start prepping for RRR