Earlier in the day, news broke out that Ayushman Khuranna’s film with Amitabh Bachchan, Gulabo Sitabo was bought by Amazon Prime and will skip its theatrical release. The film will premiere on June 12th.
After this, yet another big film has been bought by the OTT giant Netflix. Going into details, Abbas Ali Zafar, the director who made Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai with Salman was making a big film with Katrina Kaif as the main lead.
Now, the news is that Netflix has taken over the film as a producer and will make it in two parts. The film was initially being produced by Ronnie Screwvala and will go on sets soon.
In these days of the crisis, it looks like filmmakers are trying to sell their films to these OTT platforms even if they get basic margin of profit.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh-Rajamouli film to go on floors during this film?
- Gaali Sampath gets a U certificate; All set for March 11 release
- Gaali Sampath is the best role of my career- Rajendra Prasad
- UV Concepts’ maiden film Ek Mini Katha aims April release
- Sitara’s cute recreation of her great grandmother’s iconic song
- Women’s Day special : Female South directors who are making waves