Earlier in the day, news broke out that Ayushman Khuranna’s film with Amitabh Bachchan, Gulabo Sitabo was bought by Amazon Prime and will skip its theatrical release. The film will premiere on June 12th.
After this, yet another big film has been bought by the OTT giant Netflix. Going into details, Abbas Ali Zafar, the director who made Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai with Salman was making a big film with Katrina Kaif as the main lead.
Now, the news is that Netflix has taken over the film as a producer and will make it in two parts. The film was initially being produced by Ronnie Screwvala and will go on sets soon.
In these days of the crisis, it looks like filmmakers are trying to sell their films to these OTT platforms even if they get basic margin of profit.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Super Star’s fans in serious trouble after sacrificing a goat
- Bigg Boss Telugu: Will never step into the house, says young beauty
- Samantha signs yet another female-centric film?
- Young Malayalam actress in talks for Bheemla Nayak?
- Chiranjeevi and Ram Charan to share screen space again