In summer last year, Mollywood star Mohanlal surprised his fans and film lovers by announcing the most expensive film to be ever made in Asia, Randamoozham. The film is an additional of the novel Randamoozham penned by prolific Malayalam author MT Vasudevan Nair.
To be made with a whopping budget of Rs 1,000 crores, Randamoozham will be an adaptation of the Indian epic Mahabharata, narrated through the point of view of Bheema. Mohanlal will be essaying Bheema’s role in the movie.
The latest update is that Randamoozham will be going on floors from this month end. Several internationally acclaimed actors and technicians will be part of this magnum opus.
Shrikumar Menon will be directing Randamoozham. The film will be made in 2 parts and it will be bankrolled by UAE-based business tycoon of Indian origin BR Shetty. The first part will hit the screens in 2020. Stay tuned for more updates.
- YSR’s biopic Yatra seals its release date
- Mehreen in a tug of war with a film producer!
- Review : Odiyan – Disappointing treat
- Wink sensation Priya Prakash’s Oru Adaar Love gets a release date
- Hotshot composer teams up with Thala Ajith after 5 years