On the occasion of Olympic bronze medal-winning weightlifter Karnam Malleswari’s birthday, the makers of her much-talked-about biopic made an official announcement this morning. The film will be a multilingual pan-Indian biggie made on a grand scale.
Karnam Malleswari hails from Amadalavalasa in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. She became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal, when she lifted the entire country at the Sydney Olympics in 2000.
The biopic will be directed by Kittu Unnadu Jagratha fame Sanjana Reddy. Popular writer-filmmaker Kona Venkat and noted producer and Vizag MP MVV Satyanarayana will jointly produce the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Decent offer for Rashmika’s Pogaru?
- Noted Tamil, Telugu film’s Hindi remake stalled
- Young girl Angira Dhar bags a Bollywood biggie
- Tenet actress in Shahrukh Khan’s Pathan
- Wonder Women 1984 to have its first release in India
- Anjali shocks with her controversial avatar in the Netflix film