Rajkkumar Rao, Shraddha Kapoor starrer Stree was one of the most successful films of the year, and it grossed close to Rs 175 crores. In fact, the film’s success story made everyone sit and take notice at the genre from a fresh perspective. However, more than 100 days after the film’s release, it looks like the producers are having a bitter fight over sharing the profits.
As per the latest rumours in Bollywood, Raj & DK, who wrote and put together the film, have alleged that their co-producer Dinesh Vijan, who joined the project midway, still owes them Rs 20 crores as part of the profit sharing deal. However, sources close to Dinesh claim that he took over the project from Raj & DK after another backed out, and also paid for additional expenses.
The disagreement between the two hasn’t been solved yet, and it remains to be seen if this issue will blow out of proportion soon or not. More details are awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive interview : Eesha Rebba- 2021 will change my career in a big way
- Star actor-filmmaker announces Chandramukhi sequel
- After Kamal, Rajini offers his property to be used as Corona isolation ward
- Acclaimed Telugu thriller to be remade in Kannada
- Megastar’s huge trust in young director
- Corona scare- Film budgets and remunerations to take a beating