Telugu filmmakers’ fascination for remakes of other language hit films is well known. In a latest, Sairat, the recent blockbuster Marathi teenage love drama seems to have caught Telugu producers’ fancy. According to the latest reports, several Telugu filmmakers are vying for the remake rights of this super hit film.
Sairat was made with a modest budget of Rs. 4 crore. The film released recently and went on to recreate Marathi box-office history by growing nearly Rs. 60 crore. Sairat is an emotional love story of a teenage couple in the times of caste based conflicts and social differences.
- RRR to be released in multiple languages
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai