In a breaking new development, the Active Telugu Film Producers Guild has resolved to not release any new films till the issues between the producers and the exhibitors are sorted out. The move has come days ahead of the new Telugu films that are gearing up for their release during Christmas and Sankranthi.
Earlier this month, after the state government gave the permission to reopen theaters, the Active Telugu Film Producers Guild had put forth several demands in front of the exhibitors. Refusal to pay the VPF (Virtual Processing Fee) charges, priority for Telugu films in theater schedules, and a new revenue sharing system between producers and exhibitors were the main demands.
Apart from the above three main demands, the Guild’s members had also demanded the prohibition of film ticket cum food combos, and the payment of the producer’s share every 15 days and refusal to pay additional fees for the screening of trailers and teasers etc.
Articles that might interest you:
- Raj and DK to associate with Sundeep Kishan soon?
- Timmarusu and Ishq banking heavily on Festival weekend
- Akshara Gowda roped in for Ram’s next
- Maa elections to be held on this date?
- Poll : What’s your take on Sarkaru Vaari Pata’s first look?
- An emotional Satyadev thanks everyone for Timmarusu’s success