In an unexpected development, the Telangana film exhibitors’ association has issued an ultimatum to Telugu film producers. In a meeting that was held at Ramanaidu Studios this evening, the exhibitors body has threatened to shutdown theaters from March 1st, if their demands are not met.
The exhibitors demanded that even the single screens must be given percentage system. Also, they demanded that the OTT release of big and small movies must have a 6 week and 4 week gap respectively from the date of release. Telangana exhibitors, top Tollywood producers Suresh Babu, Asian Cinemas’ Sunil, DVV Danayya, Abhishek Nama, Mythri Movies’ Ravi and Naveen, BVSN Prasad and others took part in the meeting.
Starting from February, several small, medium and high budgeted movies have been scheduled for their theatrical release. Needless to say, Tollywood will be waiting with bated breath for this issue to be resolved at the earliest.
Articles that might interest you:
- Clean U for Sreekaram – Set for a release
- Interview : Sundeep Kishan- A1 Express is a solid theatrical experience
- IT Raids at Taapsee’s house in Mumbai
- Interview : Bhavani Shankar – Climax is a murder mystery with hilarious comedy
- Tentative release date locked for Allu Arjun-Koratala film?
- Rhea Chakraborthy ignored from upcoming biggie’s poster